Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tuesday afternoon:

I entered the teacher's room during the break midway through my Intermediate class, and saw Green Pepper vegging out (har) in his Hawaiian shirt. "Oh," he said, "we were just discussing your future with my class." For a moment I thought he and his class were sitting around wondering what I'll be when I grow up, but he meant that he and the administration were talking about how long I'd have his class for. The original plan was that I'd give his class back that evening, so I was about to go home and call it a day--turns out I'm teaching them for another 2 weeks, just nobody thought to tell me. (It's better for the language school that way, because it keeps my contract full--if they give the extra hours to GP they have to pay him overtime, because he allegedly works 40 office-hours per week *stifled cough*). After GP told me that, he was all sighs and eyebrow-raises and "oh, I'm not sure how long they [the class] will tolerate this, they'll be wanting me back..."

Tuesday evening:

I walk out of a bathroom stall and wash my hands, one of Green Pepper's (/my) students is there also.

Her: "Hi, so you're teaching another class tonight?"
Me: "No, actually I'm still with your class, I think until--"
Her: *grin* *fist pump* "Yessssss!"

No comments: