Saturday, July 14, 2007

Oh, Jesus. Starfruit. Where to start. Over the last ten years, she picked up (and dropped) a nasty drug habit, joined a cult that involved gang-rape and cat sacrifice, spent time in jail, worked as a phone sex operator, and watched her father Brian go to New Zealand and come back a woman (Brianne, a sherriff in Texas, is now America's highest-ranking non-elected transsexual government official). She's very open and nonchalant about all of it. She's my age.

She's overweight, loud, and wears lots of makeup. Something about our senses of humor coincides perfectly, and we have a lot of fun when we're around each other. It reminds me a little of my relationship with Erin (a devout Catholic on her way to becoming an environmental lawyer.)

Starfruit and I are going out tonight, at least that's the plan. She thinks we complement each other well, physically and personality-wise, and she has a point (not that I'm really looking to pick up anybody, or maybe that's part of the complement). I'm kind of sleepy and have a big week ahead, so I wouldn't mind an early night, but we'll see what happens.

No comments: