Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hi from Шереметьево, Sheremetevo, airport. My plane takes off for JFK in about an hour, then on to DC. The past week or so I was planning on sitting down and scouring university websites (UMD, CMU, CU-Boulder...Berkeley said no) to prep for my visits, but I ended up spending a lot of time with friends instead. I must have been really wierd company because my brain is in about 16 different places

Natasha and I threw a party on Saturday, which turned out to be really fun. A ton of people showed up. It was great to see people meeting each other and exchanging phone numbers and whatnot. I think I got asked 3 or 4 times if someone (usually Natasha) was single. It wound down after 6 am, when our neighbors couldn't take it anymore and cut off our mutual electricity. Crafty.

I just got a text message from Katya..."Rhubarb,hi!:-)how are you,are you in the airport yet?aren't you late like Roman? [who missed his plane to Thailand a couple weeks ago] :-)Rhubarb,your are brave and your russian friends with you for ever!!!Happy journey!" Shit now I'm crying in the middle of the goddam airport. Time to go to the gate.

No comments: